Slider

Vintage Market Days

Sunday, October 1, 2017

I started my Saturday morning with my mom texting to invite us to go to Vintage Market days in Conyers. Its something we have never done and I have always wanted to go to a Rustic Market. We got up and got ready and met mom at her house. We decided to all ride together. It was around lunch time so mom took up to Old Town Conyers to the Tin Plate. It is a cute little bar/restaurant that offer different drafts and brews, with ever an ever evolving menu.








 I chose the pimento cheese sandwich, my husband chose a brie bacon burger and my mom a salad (I wouldn't pick the salad, it was flavorless and needed more zest.). The pimento cheese sandwich was delicious! It was pimento cheese, cheddar and some other cheese. It was perfectly mixed! My husband enjoyed the burger and was surprised to find pistachios in the burger. It was over all a good experience, my mom left not very satisfied but she now knows it is not a place to eat health conscious.





The Vintage Market was next. It was in the horse park, so we got so see riders competing as we walked to the entrance. It was $5 a person, but if you wanted to go the next day you could take a selfie in front of their sign and get in free! They had a live band and food trucks near the front. They had a rule against photography, so I wasn't able to snap more pictures of all the cute little shops! If only I had a bottomless wallet, I could've spent a fortune! It is all vintage and rustic themed items. They had decor to die for, amazing homemade skin care items, cute clothes, and amazing jewelry.

I purchased the lemon body butter that smells like lemon cookies and makes your skin so soft! Its all natural which is even better! My mom got the same body butter, a cooling spray, a facial serum that helps with rosacia, large pores, wrinkles and much more. The owner of Sweet Tea's was a sweet woman full of knowledge! I've always wanted to use natural skin care items, but tend to just shop where its convenient and with what I know. I definitely need to research more about the importance of the natural oils. I've purchased a set of oils for our diffuser, I really love them. I have also began using oregano oil when I start feeling sick. It really helps! Anyways, we got sample soaps, which I am looking forward to using.


We also came across a few other shops that really stuck out. One was a shop, Rustic Fire Fighter. It is owned and operated by a Gwinette County fire fighter. It was perfect because mom was looking for something for her co-captain's retirement. He had really amazing wooden flags. He is going to help mom create something for him. I am looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

We also came across Timber & Twine. The set up was adorable and your instantly greeted with an amazing scent! She sells soy, wood wicked candles, wine holders in many varieties and so much more! My mom purchased two Spice scented candles (lucky for me, she let me have one! I'm burning it now, it smells amazing!)



There was clothing boutique that was in a redone camper, The Rolling Runway. It was the cutest thing, EVER! They had such a cute variety of clothing and accessory choices, plus the camper was amazing! They did such a great job!

There was a shop that made different era aprons and I fell in love!! I want to learn how to sew stuff like that so bad!! Nana started to teach me, but we never got far. Mom has been wanting to get me a sewing machine for ever now, so hopefully soon that will happen. It doesn't help that we have been binge watching Madmen. We both didn't realize how great this show is!

Anyways, it ended up making us all inspired. There is so much we all want to do, but the laziness and routine gets to us. I really want to keep my grandma's creativity alive. There is so much she did and so much she could've done. I don't want to waste that. I don't want my creative side to waste away. Change is in the air!!

After we left, mom used the Waze App and put her personally made Bitch Navigation on. It was so funny! My mom is so entertaining and fun! We wouldn't be where we are today if it weren't for her, in so many ways!

Thanks mom, for a great Saturday and for everything you have and continue to do for us!



2 comments:

  1. Love you too, Vannah!! I had such a good day. It was different and interesting and so motivating. 😊 time to get to work on my house and finally make it what I have always wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the goal! We need to get out of our rut and stop allowing ourselves to stick to the same routine. We need to do this more often to keep our motivations strong!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan